Proof of vaccination is no longer required for entry effective March 1, 2022
Businesses and organizations may choose to check for proof of vaccination and use the Verify Ontario app. Learn more about the updated guidelines.
Who we are
When we say “we”, “us” or “our”, we mean Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Ontario (known as the Government of Ontario).
- We may, at any time and without notice, restrict, interrupt, or prevent use of the App.
Proper use of the App
You must not:
- use the App for purposes other than verifying an individual’s vaccination status against covid 19 or any other verified use.
- use the App to retain, record, copy, modify, use or disclose any information provided. For clarity, this would include taking photos, videos, screen captures and screen recordings of any such information.
- impersonate any other person or entity, or make any misrepresentations about another person or entity
- use the App to gain entry or access to information you are not permitted to access, view or use, or to gain unauthorized entry to the computer networks or systems of the Government of Ontario
- interfere with or disrupt any of the computer networks or systems used in connection with the App
- violate any applicable laws or regulations
- interfere with any other person’s ability to use the App or any other services provided by the Government of Ontario.
You are responsible for the security of the device, browser, and network that you are using to access the App.
The government’s security practices are always evolving to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of information and systems. The government uses up-to-date security safeguards to protect its networks and websites from misuse, alteration, copying, disclosure, destruction, monitoring or unauthorized sharing of information. The government uses security software and encryption protocols, and physical, technical and procedural controls to protect information behind the government firewall.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The Government of Ontario is providing the App on an "as is", "as available" basis. The Government of Ontario does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or promises about the App including, but not limited to warranties as to usefulness, completeness, accuracy, reliability, or lack of virus. You acknowledge and agree that use of the App is at your sole risk.
The App is not intended to provide medical advice. Consult a health practitioner or your local public health unit if you have medical questions.
The Government of Ontario is not responsible and will not be liable to you or anyone else, for your ability or inability to use the App. This is even if the ministry has been advised of the possibility of damages.
This includes any:
- causes of action, actions, claims, demands, lawsuits or other proceedings
We are committed to handling personal information in compliance with our Privacy Statement, available at: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/verify-privacy. By using the App, you acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
Use of the app will require that camera permissions be enabled. Enabling these permissions is necessary for the app to read and interpret smart Health Card QR codes. The App will only access the camera when scanning for smart Health Card QR codes. The App does not collect, store or share any information from the device’s camera.