What you need to know before you apply
We are creating a public directory of service providers to administer covid 19 point-of-care antigen testing for the Provincial Antigen Screening Program. The program supports workplaces in priority settings to quickly identify and help stop the spread of covid 19.
As a service provider for the program, you agree to charge a reasonable price for point-of-care antigen testing services and confirm that you can provide all the services needed for testing. This includes but is not limited to:
- specimen collection
- infection control during the testing process
- routine disinfection between patients and comprehensive site disinfection, in accordance with all applicable law, directives, and public health guidance
- supplies related to specimen collection, included, but not limited to: PPE for clinical staff (mask, gown, face shield), biohazard waste containers, pre-printed labels, masking tape, gloves, hand sanitizer, timer, disinfectant, plexiglass shields, other equipment for the set-up at the workplace
- patient registration, patient management and screening
- results reporting via a centralized database
- results reporting and communication with patients
- appropriately trained and qualified health care professionals to conduct specimen collection and testing
- quality management and oversight of screening, collection and testing processes
- screening of all individuals upon arrival to the workplace or at the time deemed appropriate by the workplace
- providing staffing and training to conduct screening (for example questionnaire and temperature check)
- administrative tasks such as data entry
If your application is accepted, you will be placed on our public directory.
Guidance for testing services
Collection of Information
The Ministry of Government and Consumer Services is managing the submission process for this program as a common service in accordance with the Ministry of Government Services Act.
The information you provide will be used to evaluate and respond to your application. Your contact information may also be shared with other ministries of the Government of Ontario.
Please read the Supplier Agreement for the Antigen Testing Services Directory and our Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about how information will be used by this program, please contact us:
Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
222 Jarvis Street, 8th Floor
Toronto, ON M7A 0B6