Apply for the N95 Respirator Fit Testing Program from the government if you operate/manage qualifying service settings such as hospitals, shelters, retirement homes, correctional facilities and EMS.
About fit testing
N95 respirators protect against COVID-19 when they fit properly on a person’s face. Fit testing checks that the seal around the edge of the respirator doesn’t leak. Fit testing also includes training on how to care for and use the respirator.
For a limited time, the government will provide respirator fit testing through the N95 Fit Testing Program.
Why your organization should apply
The government of Ontario has a steady and large supply of the 3M™ Aura™ Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask 1870+ mask model. Fit testing for this model will help your organization:
- protect the health and safety of workers and clients
- ensure that all involved members of the organization are fit tested every two years
How the program works
The N95 Fit Testing Program offers fit testing for the 3M™ Aura™ Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask 1870+. Your public sector organization may be eligible for the program if Public Health guidance requires people to wear an N95 respirator to do their job.
Once accepted into the program, your organization will be matched with a service provider. The service provider will contact you to arrange fit testing for each location that has at least 10 people that must wear N95 masks.
At this time priority will be given to congregate living settings such as:
- correctional facilities
- long-term care homes
- retirement homes
- social services residential homes
- Select your organization’s sector on the next page
- Agree to the program agreement and submit the application
- If your organization qualifies, a service provider will contact you to arrange fit testing for your employees