Learn about the support that is provided to businesses who would like to continue to require proof of vaccination.
Ontario no longer requires businesses and organizations to check proof of vaccination to enter settings.
Some businesses and organizations may choose to require proof of vaccination upon entry.
All requirements or policies must comply with all applicable privacy laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code. Businesses or organizations considering creating their own additional requirements may wish to consult a lawyer.
About proof of vaccination
Ontarians who are vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine can download a vaccine certificate with QR code. A vaccine certificate can serve as:
- a personal health record
- proof of vaccination when entering businesses and organizations that choose to require proof of vaccination or when traveling within Canada and abroad
About the Verify Ontario app
Businesses and organizations that choose to employ their own proof of vaccination policy may wish to check for proof of vaccination by using the Verify Ontario app.
This app was made in Ontario and designed to protect people’s privacy. It provides businesses and organizations with a fast, easy and secure way to check proof of vaccination.
The Verify Ontario app:
- does not collect or store personally identifiable information
- does collect some anonymous scanning-related metrics to help us improve
- helps reduce fraud, scanning vaccine certificate QR codes from across Canada and many other jurisdictions
- is free to download from the Apple App and Google Play stores
- works without connecting to the internet, but does require a connection every two weeks to update technical requirements
The contact centre is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week, and can provide assistance in 300 languages.